We all know the feeling when your house is a mess and you don’t have time to clean. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by piles of dishes in the sink or clothes on the floor but it doesn’t have to be that way!
Here are 10 tips for decluttering your home so you can enjoy some free time.
1. Get rid of clutter around the house, including old clothes, shoes, and books.
Start with piling everything into boxes or bags to put them in storage (or to donate).
2. Clean up after yourself – don’t leave dishes in the sink or dirty clothes lying around!
Putting your dishes in the dishwasher as you use them and using an empty hamper for dirty clothes saves time so that everything can be done at once!
3. Store all your unused items in a storage unit until you need them again.
It’s never nice to have unused items cluttering up your home, but keeping them around is a pain. Store all those extras in an enclosed space and out of sight until needed again!
4. Sort through your belongings to find out what you really like and want to keep.
There are a lot of clothes in your closet that you don’t wear anymore. Do not just throw them away, but have them cleaned and donated or sold for some extra cash!
5. Use baskets or bins instead of stacking things on top of each other.
There are so many ways you can save space without resorting to stacking things on top of each other. One idea would be using baskets or bins instead!
6. Declutter by category – it’s easier if everything is together.
The process is easy and quick if you group similar items together and also saves you time!
7) Keep an organized kitchen with labeled containers for food that’s ready to eat.
With an organized pantry, you can make food prep go more smoothly and have peace of mind knowing what’s in the fridge or cabinet at any given time! Labeling containers for each item ensures that it won’t get lost among other foods on store shelves–and who doesn’t love finding their forgotten snack?
8) Clear off surfaces so they’re not cluttered with things that don’t belong there.
The area should be void of any unnecessary items like boxes, papers or furniture to create an open and clean feel for your living room!
9) Put away anything that belongs in another room when not being used so it doesn’t get lost or forgotten about.
It may seem like a hassle, but putting anything that belongs in another room away when you’re not using it will save time and energy.
10) Make sure you have enough space for everything before buying more stuff!
It’s important to make sure you have enough space for everything before buying more. Although it may be tempting to go on a shopping spree, make sure you have enough space at home first to keep it clutter-free.
Decluttering your home can be a tough task, but it’s worth the effort! And when you’re done with all that tidying up? We have professionals who are more than happy to make everything look spic-and-span. Contact Beyond Expectations cleaning today at (912) 230-4990 or email [email protected].