The kitchen is the heart of a home. It’s where we prepare food and nourish ourselves, so it should be a place that’s clean and organized. In fact, many people consider having a clean kitchen to be the first step in achieving whole-house cleanliness – even if they can’t get there all the time, cleaning their kitchens goes a long way in making their homes feel more orderly.
Despite the daily struggle of keeping your house looking nice, it’s important to have a deep clean once in a while. An “after-dinner” routine or light scrub can help freshen up any space without being too intense for those who are feeling tired after work!
Resist Temptation to Deep Clean Specific Items
You only want an overall deeper clean, not specific items (like the oven or dishwasher). If you find yourself tempted to do a deep cleaning on your own timepieces- like scrubbing the grout between tiles- skip them for now and make plans about when they can be tackled next instead.
Prep Your Cleaning Toolkit!
It’s no secret that any household task can be made easier and more satisfying with the right tools. When you’re cleaning your kitchen, it might seem like there are an endless amount of options for what kind of scraper or cleaner is best suited for different cleaning tasks! For instance: if grime has built up on glass stovetops (as could happen from cooking eggs), try using a razor blade instead so as not damage surfaces too badly; while white vinegar will effectively take care of most messes in kitchens – avoid applying it onto granite counter fronts because this type of stone is sensitive to the acid in vinegar.
Keep The Kitchen Clean Regularly: Here’s How!
Cleaning your kitchen regularly not only helps keep it tidy, but it will also make your entire house feel cleaner. Here are some helpful tips from us:
- Maintain Kitchen Surfaces – wipe down kitchen countertops and the kitchen table after every meal.
- Clear Kitchen Counters – Make a habit of clearing off your kitchen counters and putting things away when you’re done cooking (instead of letting them pile up).
- Wipe Down Appliances – Wipe out appliances, like microwaves and ovens, every time you use them to prevent grime from building up over time.
- Mop Floors On a Regular Basis – Clean your floors regularly with an all-purpose cleaner or general floor cleaner meant for hardwood floors.
- Clear Out The Refrigerator – Keep your fridge tidy by throwing away old leftovers and ingredients that have expired.
- Sweep After Cooking – Take five minutes or so to give your kitchen floor a quick sweep with the broom or use a hand vacuum.
- Clean Your Cabinets – Remember to wipe down your kitchen cabinets regularly to prevent staining.
- Tidy Kitchen Seating – Sometimes food messes can occur on the chairs at the kitchen table. Make sure to give these chairs a good wipe down, as it will remove any stains and make your home feel cleaner!
Consistency Is Key
The five steps below can help you keep your kitchen clean with little effort. Instead of dreading a deep clean every week, perform these simple tasks on a regular basis for an easy maintenance routine that will leave everything fresh and sparkling!
Need A Deeper Clean?
At Beyond Expectations, we will clean your home in every nook and cranny so that you don’t have to worry about scrubbing the tough spots, giving us a call at (912) 230-4990 or email [email protected] for information about our cleaning services!